Therapeutic Diets in Staten Island, NY
Every one of our residents comes to us with specific dietary needs. In fact, we all have nutritional requirements. Children, young adults, seniors, and the elderly require different nutritional intake. However, a person with a health issue, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, needs a diet that correlates directly with daily and long-term health goals.
Understanding the Therapeutic Diet
Therapeutic diets address health concerns to help residents manage health conditions. For example, if you have diabetes and need to focus on a healthy balance of carbohydrates and proteins while eliminating excess sugars, our nutritionist will plan balanced meals with your blood sugar in mind. Consider the following benefits of a therapeutic:
- Improve or maintain optimal daily nutrition
- Focus on reaching your best body weight, either through gaining or losing healthy weight
- Avoid accidental ingestion of allergens
- Address intolerances, such as lactose intolerance, to avoid discomfort
- Balance fats, carbs, proteins, sugars, cholesterol, and salt for a variety of conditions, including diabetes, hyper/hypotension, high cholesterol counts, kidney disease, and heart disease
- Use of a detox diet, or cleansing diet, to remove toxins and improve colon health
Who Creates My Diet Plan?
Your therapeutic diet will involve a meal plan that our dietitian and nursing staff will create together, according to your nutritional needs. The diet will include daily menus under the direct planning and goals of a medical caregiver. Our chef will receive the order with specific instructions so that your meals offer optimal nutrition, while tasting delicious!
Am I a Good Candidate?
Even if you are in tip-top health, speaking with our dietitian for a health-focused menu could improve your daily quality of life. Do you find that you feel sluggish after meals? Do meals satisfy you or leave you feeling hungry? Our dietician is interested in your concerns and preferences, even if you are not managing a particular health condition.
However, if you do need to eat in a manner that excludes certain foods, our attention to detail will be impeccable. We will check in with you regularly to make sure the food in your diet leaves you feeling energized and healthy.